Light, clean and dust free ORGACOLOR® is a colored mulch for decoration which is available in 23 colours. Quick and easy installation process of ORGACOLOR® allows it to be used for many different purposes.
Application Areas :
- Decorative Mulching of flower beds, gardens, tree surroundings.
- Store decorating.
- Thematic Decorations (flower, snow, water, etc.).
- Artistic decoration & production.
- Exhibitions / Shows / Special events.
- Logos, Emblems, Signage.
Properties and Advantages :
||- High temperature and mineralizing treatment to eliminate pathogenic risks.
- High quality and long-lasting wood chips with nice shine and perfect colour stability.
|| Dyes used at the production are non-toxic organic pigments for people, flora and fauna.
||- Resistance to wind.
- Prevents topsoil erosion.
- Reduces water evaporation from soil.
||- Protects soil from thermal shocks, drying and drought.
- Regulates soil temperature.
- Limits freeze-thaw damage.
ORGACOLOR®, engineered decorative mulch, is produced with a patented technology and raw material is supplied from the forest maintenance works. Recycled or waste wood is not used to offer pure, unpolluted and consistent products.
- 50L bags.
- Weight: Approx. 8,5 kg each.
- Dimensions of the bag: H = 60 cm, w = 40 cm, t = 15 cm.
- Each pallet is composed of 60 bags (12 layers of 5 50L bags).
- Pallets are covered by polypropylene film for protection against dust and moisture.
Implementation & Maintenance
AS DECORATIVE MULCH :
- Spread 1 to 2 cm (10 to 20 liters / m²) on to the surface of your garden, plant tub or planting areas for decorative and long-lasting protection.
- Implement to the ground which is properly leveled and unweeded.
- Be careful to not to smother the plant’s roots or trunk.
AS EVENT DECORATION :
- Spread 2 to 3 cm (20 to 30 liters / m²) for a low-traffic area (store windows).
- Spread 4 to 5 cm (40 to 50 liters / m²) for a high-traffic area (landscape scenery, walkways, festivals, etc.).
AS LOGOS – BLAZONS (GLUING AND FIXING TECHNIQUE) :
ORGACOLOR® coloured wood chips can be bonded with a binder (resin or glue) to achieve stable and draining surfaces for long lasting decoration.
Resin allows wood chips to keep their colour and gives a shiny appearance.
ORGACOLOR® coloured wood chips will get into all shapes, either classical motifs or the most original creations. Recommendations : - Work during dry weather and a temperature equal or more than 12°C. The higher temperature you have, the more fluid resin will be.
- Take precautionary measures (work clothes, leather gloves).
- Always use a container (wheelbarrow, plastic container, etc.) with a capacity of at least twice volume of aggregate.
- Use only ORGACOLOR® sold in 50 liters bags to be sure to have a non-humid aggregate.
- Mixture has to be adjusted in 1 hour; then it takes 5 to 6 hours to complete curing properly, depending on ambient air humidity.
- Cleaning tools is easier if you do not overdose resin and if mixing is well done. Mixture and implementation : - 1 volume of binder (glue or resin) poured onto 10 volumes of ORGACOLOR®.
- Mix mixture strongly till all the aggregates evenly covered.
- Do not be surprised if there is "fluorescent" colour appearance during mixing. This is a normal reaction that disappears in drying.
- Pour the mixture onto the support (wood, soil, geotextile, etc.) then arrange the surface for 15 to 30 minutes by using a trowel.
- Do not apply over 3 cm in thickness to prevent the underside from being sticky (contact us for more information).
- Wait 5-6 hours to complete curing properly in a ventilated area.
- Hands and equipment should be cleaned with clean water before drying. Tips for mixtures of 25 to 30 liters of wood chips : Put ORGACOLOR® into a 100 lt bag, add 2.5 to 3 liters of glue, then close the bag by trapping air and strongly shake it like a balloon. Shake till all aggregates evenly covered. Mixture is ready to put more than 1 m².
To do so, we supply the binder (glue or resin).
For more information please contact us.